RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alex Gersbach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 11.10.2018 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s been more than a year since attack-minded left-back Alex Gersbach last appeared for the Caltex Socceroos in an international fixture.

But the 21-year-old is hoping to make up for lost time as part of Graham Arnold’s squad for the upcoming friendly against Kuwait.

Gersbach is battling with PSV’s Aziz Behich for a starting spot on the left side of Australia’s defence for Tuesday morning’s (AEDT) clash at the Al Kuwait Sports Club Stadium.

This is the second camp in a row under Arnold the Rosenborg defender has been a part of and he’s doing all he can to impress the Caltex Socceroos coaching staff.

“To be back in now once was a good opportunity to show what I can do, but coming back again now is positive and I just have to keep moving forward and keep doing well,” Gersbach told www.socceroos.com.au.

“In Turkey, it was really good in training, the intensity was high,” he added.

Read more: ‘It’s important to start the new phase well’: Gersbach eyes winning start to Arnie’s reign

Gersbach’s fellow left-back Birger Meling was withdrawn after four minutes in Roseborg’s cup tie and ultimate victory against Valerenga late September, allowing him to deputise.

It is an opportunity Gersbach isn’t keen to let slip.

“It’s nice to be back on the park again, I’ve played four games in the last 10 days or something,” he said.

“The other left-back’s injured his hamstring a little bit so there’s a little opportunity for me to come in and show what I can do.

Read more: Alex Gersbach relishing opportunity back in Rosenborg’s starting XI
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2018 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I’ve had a bit of a tough time at my club this year, so I’ve really looked forward to going into camp with the Socceroos. It’s been a mini break for me where I can enjoy football again for a couple of weeks with the Socceroos. That’s been really good for me”.

(...)

The Asian Cup will put Gersbach in the shop window, with the left-back admitting it’s ‘not quite working’ with Rosenborg.

“At the end of the day if I’m sitting on the bench it’s not good for my career and I’m not going to be in the national team for much longer if that stays the same,” he said.

“I just want to play football and I’m not sure where I’m going to go, I don’t really care, I just want to play football”.

Read more: Alex Gersbach says Graham Arnold and the Socceroos staff regularly contact players after their weekend’s games

Since sealing a dream European move to Norwegian giants Rosenborg from Sydney FC back in 2016, Gersbach has struggled to find first-team football in a quality side.

In spite of all that, the 21-year old has maintained a positive attitude, something that has kept him in Graham Arnold’s plans.

“I’ve been away from Australia for three years now, obviously learnt a lot and had a good time at Rosenborg," he told www.socceroos.com.au.

“Winning trophies, you learn to be a serial winner and then there’s the tough times for myself, not playing sometimes, the last year’s been tough being out of the team at Rosenborg and going on loan to France.

“[It’s] not just the good things but the bad things as well and you learn to deal with the bad things.”

Read more: 'You learn to be a serial winner': how tough Norwegian challenges have made Gersbach stronger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb