RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi from Saint-Etienne :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies.

He is what we call a "Brandao", a Bresilian stricker who played a long time in France and is the opposite of a Bresilian stricker. Strong, false nine good with the head, missing sitters ^^

The thing is that we are always playing in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and we do miss a strong forward, creating space and catching the ball with the head for our wingers who are quite successful when it comes to score. Some kind of control tower. So he matchs perfectly what we are looking for.

However, when Beric will have recovered from his injury, I'm afraid it will be impossible to put them both on the pitch.
Lomaxx
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually played in a 4-4-1-1 in Haugesund when he had his best period there with a quick striker anging behind him. If you play 4-2-3-1 with a player that is the straight opposite of Søderlund then he will be a good player to bind up the defence while the player behind him will be able to run freely

Ratatosk wrote:

Det hjelper lite å legge seg flat, dersom man ikke evner å reise seg. Da får man heller begynne med svømming!
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's good news then, as we often play with a 10 effective in front of the goal and wingers who do not hesitate to get into the 18 yards and shoot as weel.

However, you don't seem very disappointed to lose him, not very comforting, isn't it ? ^^
Lomaxx
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more the fact that Rosenborg is a team that play in a league that are more or less a development league for for midtable teams arround europe and are getting more or less used to it. Also, as I see it I don't think he are a good fit for Rosenborg. He has been good this year, but I think that is more due to a good collective more than being a good player. I think that he can be good as a backup that can play some matches, get some matches as a sub and playing early cup matches (he must be kept active as he, at least last season, was more of a "fat" player)

Ratatosk wrote:

Det hjelper lite å legge seg flat, dersom man ikke evner å reise seg. Da får man heller begynne med svømming!
Hakkespett
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that he hasn't performed for us (This year he has been outstanding and is top scorer in the Norwegian league). It is, however, the rumors of the price that St.É is willing to pay. If I recall correctly, RBK paid about half that for him, and he has been a cause for some grey hairs inbetween the goals. It is also the fact that he is 27 years old, and is soon "too old" to be considered a future prospect of sale. We are most certain that we can find a replacement at equal or above level with the pay-out, if the rumors are to be believed.
Bjarnes
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galcian wrote:

However, you don't seem very disappointed to lose him, not very comforting, isn't it ? ^^

I doubt these replies from three posters is an adequate sample size to conclude bombastiacally Wink

Some see him as essential to the way we attempt to play (classical Dutch with a strong striker and quick wing players) while others believe he can be easily replaced by a similar player. I belong in the first group, as you might have guessed.

However, if you don't plan to utilize his strengths I think he might look a bit disappointing. He's not a Suarez who makes goals on his own, he needs service. And he provides excellent service for his team mates.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary, I think it is exactly what the staff is looking for. A tall strong guy to score headers, attract the defenders and service our wings. It is our way to play, so perfect Smile

However, for us, the player who impressed us the most (and we would love to see him come, even if it is pure fantasy) is Selnaes ! Boy, what a player ! And he is just 21 !
Bjarnes
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2015 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't afford him Wink

He was player of the year in the league without contest. I honestly believe he can play for every club in Europe eventually. He was one of very few who stepped up on the European stage without effort. I would be happy to let him run down his contract if it means he's staying for 2(?) more years!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.12.2015 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Selnæs was not a regular in the starting eleven under the last coach in 2013/14, says everything about how bad that coach was on the picking the best available team. Luckily Selnæs did not succeed in his plans on leaving the club.
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 19.12.2015 00:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selnæs attract scouts from the top 30 clubs in europe and is expected to be one of our clubs biggest transfers in recent years, some believe our biggest ever. With all respect to SE, I think you'll miss your shot at him. But then again, fotball...

Regarding Søderlund, one of his most vital abilities and a trait that everyone following Rosenborg knows about, is Søderlunds immense "Engine" (as we say). He has scored 22 goals for us this season but I think his most important contribution to the team is the absolutely ridicolously awesome job he is doing of keeping high pressure.

Every single time the adversary gets the ball he runs that sucker down. The first-defender job he is doing is something we are likely not to see from our next stricker, or any other striker we sign within this decade.

He also creates alot of room for teammates around him. These things combined is more or less reason he plays for our national team, not so much the 22 goals.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 19.12.2015 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I said about Selnaes was merely a joke. It is obvious that he is brilliant, and I'm not surprised at all that he is followed by the big clubs. I believe you when you say he is out of our league.

I'm quite pleased with your description of Soderlund. He sounds exactly like Brandao, a stricker that played for us 3 and 4 years ago, and we misse him a lot, as our style of play needs such a forward, and we havn't been able to find a subtitute yet.

That's great news. In our media, is announced favorite out of 3 targets (even if usually, media don't know much about our mercato). Have you eard anything on your side ?
Sløvsekken
Veteran

PostPosted: 20.12.2015 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be very excited over the prospect of Søderlund. He's extremely inefficient in front of goal and probably won't score much unless the team he plays for is very dominant, producing a lot of chances, as has been the case for Rosenborg in the norwegian league this season. While he scored 22 goals in the league, he has proved to be far less efficient against higher quality opponents, such as in the Europa League and for the national team, where you have to score on the few chances you get.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.12.2015 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very reliable newspaper (maybe the most actually) just wrote that it is a done deal for 1,5M€.
Yet, we should wait until the 3rd to see if it is official.

So I guess we'll discover by ourselves if he has a real impact on the team, or not.

Last edited by Galcian on 21.12.2015 14:49; edited 1 time in total
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.12.2015 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see him go - even if he was not a sharpshooter in every situation, he was a proper viking out there for us this season. Hard working and terrorizing the enemy defense - if he comes close to this for you guys, you will find a place for him in your hearts. Smile
Badabeu
Junior

PostPosted: 03.01.2016 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macha wrote:
Selnæs attract scouts from the top 30 clubs in europe and is expected to be one of our clubs biggest transfers in recent years, some believe our biggest ever. With all respect to SE, I think you'll miss your shot at him. But then again, fotball...

Actually, the local newspaper now says that he would be our target and he had given his priority to Sainté. It might be pure invention (wouldn't be the first time with this newspaper), but we never know...
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 04.01.2016 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say, how about we play against each other every season and you then sell your 2-3 top players to us Wink

Just kidding, I truly hope we'll make Selnaes, as his profile totally fits our current "needs" in the midfield area. Obviously he's promised a bright future at some top side, but maybe he'd consider Saint-Etienne as a good middle step to test himself abroad.
Flaav
Veteran

PostPosted: 04.01.2016 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think ASSE would be a good step for him. But I hope with all my heart that he'll stay. He has proved to be so incredibly important for us this season. I actually think that we wouldn't have won the championship, let alone in addition to qualifying for Europe and winning the cup without him.

Please stay!
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 04.01.2016 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the newspaper Lè Progres you're talking about? So far we've screened some news reports and all are saying that saint E are just interested, mentioning a loan for 6 months aswell, making it even more unbelievable in our eyes. Our sportsdirector have also denounced the rumor and said there has been no talks over Selnæs.

However, selnæs himself have reportedly commented on Søderlunds instagram-account, on a picture of søderlund with the saint E-jersey writing, "See you soon mate". Now we dont know if this means his joining søderlund in france or the national team or when søderlund is coming back to move his things, or anything.
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 04.01.2016 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macha wrote:
Is it the newspaper Lè Progres you're talking about?

Indeed. Local paper with insider sources, sometimes well-informed ahead of the national press, but just as often way off target, so we'll wait and see what happens.

One aspect to consider is that by joining us this month, he couldn't participate in the Europa League any longer this year (neither Soderlund), and as things currently stand for us in Ligue 1, with lukewarm performances and an all-time record injury streak ( Sad ), a qualification for next year's European campaign looks very much in jeopardy. So would Selnaes consider a move with just a vague prospect of European exposure... Again, wait and see.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 04.01.2016 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg director of football Stig Inge Bjørnebye claims Selnæs has not been a topic in talks with St. Etienne.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.01.2016 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to let you know that Alex is now a hero in Sainté.

He scored the only goal of our derby against Lyon, on its first chance, in a game where we were dominated, against our arch-ennemy (imagine Molde, but 10 times worse) who injured our best stricker (Beric, the one he actually replaces), and therefore gave us our sweet revenge.

His transfer is already a good deal for us Smile
Largactyl
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.01.2016 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the match against Nantes, and he was quite unlucky (but not really that surprised) that he didn't manage to score. Looking forward to see how it goes further into the season.

Your defence by the way, is probably one of the worst I've seen. If it weren't for your keeper, you would have lost that game against Lyon, easily.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.01.2016 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed, our worst defense since at least 3 years. We have lost our best DC and best LB because of injury, and the replacement are quite (very) bad. A lot poorer than when we played against you (unfortunately for you ^^)

By the way, have you any news on a possible transfer of Selnaes to Sainté ?
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.01.2016 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the norwegian part of the forum, people are biting nails every time there is a post in his player thread.

We do NOT want to lose him. No hard feelings against you for trying, but we really want to keep him for a while longer. Smile

No news beyond rumors that there is interest.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.01.2016 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I totally understand the way you feel as we felt the same way with our beloved Aubameyang Crying or Very sad

From our side, as we have people quite close to the club, the last time we heard of it, the situation was :

We have a bid on the table (something a bit more than 3M€) and Rosenborg wants a bit more than 4M€. No one moves and waits for the other, a bit like in a Western. At the begining, the idea was to loan him back until the end of June, but with our injuries, we understand that it is off the table now.
No news since then, apart that we havn't given up.

If he comes, he will be our last arrival this winter, so the question is : do we have enough money left ? Not sur :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb