RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2018 Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jitta138
Proff

PostPosted: 06.11.2017 10:50    Post subject: 2018 Season Reply with quote

Since this one is over, I am just making a guess for what could happen w the squad and the trajectory. But I need some info as I do not know who might depart and come in.

Hansen - check
Ostbo - check

Hedenstad - check
Reitan - back?
Tore - check
Jorgen - contract ended?
Bjordal - gone?
Rasmussen - check (3rd CB)
Meling - check
Alex - ??

Konradsen - check
Lundemo - check
Jensen - check
Trondsen - check
Morten - check
Stamenstro - ??

Helland - check
Levi - ?? ut lan ??
Jevtovic - gone?
de Lanlay - ??
Samuel - check
Nicklas - check
Matti - check
Helmersen - ??

any rumors on who is in or out? I guess most of starting 11 will be preserved, yet center back and back up players need to be found I guess. or would there be an attempt to strenghten the defense & midfield more for champions league qualification?
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 06.11.2017 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

deLanlay should be fit for fight for 2018; Levi most likely staying; else it sounds about right from what we currently know. Not unlikely that Reitan will continue to be out on loan.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 21.06.2018 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

CELTIC striker Leigh Griffiths is anticipating a tough opener in their quest for Champions League qualification after being drawn against Alashkert.

(...)

"The first game is never going to be easy. It's a long flight, with a tough opponent and we don't know much about them.

"It will be hard and then we have a good tie to look forward to if we get through to the next round (against Rosenborg of Norway or Icelandic champions Valur).

Read more: Leigh Griffiths reacts to Champions League draw
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.07.2018 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uefa doesn’t make it easy for clubs from the small countries to give themselves they best chance of success in Europe.

It’s almost as if they don’t want the likes of Celtic.

(...)

Rodgers’ team travel to Armenia today to take on NSI Alkashert who won’t be great, but as the Celtic players are some way from being up to speed in terms of being back to full fitness, and it is going to be roasting hot, this is far from a gimme.

Celtic deserve better than this. They have made the group stage two years in a row, the last 16 under Neil Lennon and knock-out stage of the Europa League last time out. They don’t deserve to be seeded and put right into the group stage, but then neither do the fourth-best teams in England, Germany, Spain, and Italy and, yet, that’s what happens now.

(...)

Should Celtic get past all four qualifying rounds, and it is possibly the dangerous Rosenburg next, it would be up there with almost anything else Rodgers has pulled off in two years at Celtic Park.

"It's clearly going to be more difficult this year,” Rodgers admitted although he appeared calm and confident when talking about his team’s task.

“It's always difficult and Neil Lennon and Ronny Deila will tell you that three ties were difficult.

"If you think that there is this game and after that, touch wood we get through, then we have Rosenborg in the next game which is not easy. And then you have two more ties after that. It's an extremely challenging period early on in the season. If we had these games in October and November it would be completely different. We have to find a way."

Read more: Brendan Rodgers has been dealt a bad hand by UEFA but Celtic can reach the Champions League group stage
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 13.07.2018 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan Rodgers believes Valur Reykjavik’s shock win over Rosenborg on Wednesday night has underlined why the new Champions League qualifying format is more hazardous than ever for clubs like Celtic.

(...)

“The Valur win just shows you,” said Rodgers.

“Everyone was probably looking at Rosenborg as being the favourites in that tie but this is a really treacherous period to be playing your games in the tournament.

“Rosenborg are midway through their domestic season as well, so we’ll see how that evolves next week in the second leg. Whoever we play, if we get through our own tie, we’ll meet the challenge.

(...)

‘To score a couple of goals late on, as we did in Armenia, is always a good sign of a team’s mental and physical fitness. So, yes, it was a very good result for us and performance at this stage of the season. We’ll never be perfect but it gives us a nice advantage coming to play at home in the second leg next Wednesday.”

Read more: Rodgers wary as dangers lurk in new Euro format

Celtic could lose out in their chase for John McGinn unless they cough up around £4 million – with a clutch of English clubs from both the Premiership and Championship beginning to circle the Scotland midfielder. Hibs have rejected two bids from Celtic for the former St Mirren player, the second one £1.75 million – just £250,000 more than their initial offer. Both fall well short of the Capital club’s valuation.

Read more: English clubs poised to beat Celtic to £4m-rated Hibs star John McGinn
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.07.2018 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendtner can't wait to get another crack at the Scottish champions.

He said: "We would rather be playing Celtic, instead of a Europa League trip to Andorra which we would have got had we not scored the third goal.

"It will be interesting. We met them last year. We have to prepare for next week and then see what's going on. We have not looked at them yet.

"I think it will be a different match than last year. To be honest, we know how they play.

Read more: Nicklas Bendtner warns Celtic that Rosenborg know all they need to wreak Champions League revenge

Ajer is relishing a second straight summer qualifier against Trondheim-based Rosenborg, especially the prospect of a return to his homeland for the decisive leg on August 1.

But he’s also wary of the game against his countrymen, who are desperate for revenge after the Hoops ended their Champions League dream last season with a 1-0 aggregate triumph.

Ex-IK Start hero Ajer — a vocal, powerful presence at the back — has good knowledge of Rosenborg, especially fellow national team defender Tore Reginiussen.

He said: “You know when you play Champions League qualifiers all games can be really hard.

“To win both games 3-0 against Alashkert was a good performance and we’re happy to go through.

“Rosenborg is a really tough rival with a lot of quality players. It will be a really tough game both home and away.

“When you play Champions League qualifiers you meet quality opponents. I know Rosenborg well and last year they beat Ajax in the last round to go through, so they’re a top side.

“They can really hurt you if you’re not 100-per-cent up for the game.

“But we know that. When they come here next week hopefully we’ll put on a really top performance.

Read more: Celtic star Kristoffer Ajer feels he’s GOT to deliver every time he pulls on the Hoops to keep his place in Brendan Rodgers’ side

The budding partnership between Dembele and Odsonne Edouard up front for Celtic hinted at an exciting future, as manager Brendan Rodgers again departed from his favoured formation of playing one up front.

Dembele left the pitch late on with a leg injury but it is not thought to be serious and Brown is looking forward to the potential impact the pair could have this season.

He said: “They have got pace, power and pretty much everything you want.

“Defenders will be scared of them and if they keep playing the way they are playing, hopefully we can keep them fit for the rest of the season.”

Read more: Celtic skipper Scott Brown hopes for Rosenborg improvement

Twelve months ago Celtic defeated Rosenborg 1-0 on aggregate. The teams drew 0-0 at Celtic Park in the first-leg, with James Forrest netting the decisive goal in Trondheim. Rodgers expects a similar test. He told the BBC:

“They’ve made some changes but the system is very much the same. They play 4-3-3, like to pass the ball. I think they’ll come here, probably similar to last year, be very compact, very tight, try not to concede. They are all challenges at this stage of the season.”

Read more: Brendan Rodgers reveals what Celtic should expect from Rosenborg

"They will come here and be nice and compact, like they were last year and we will need to be patient in that game and obviously it will be a tough game for us out there.

"But it is a tie we look forward to. At this stage of the season whoever, you get, you have to respect who you play."

Read more: Rodgers expects repeat of 'tight' tie against Rosenborg

The Scottish champions are still missing key defenders Dedryck Boyata and Mikael Lustig who have not yet returned from World Cup duty while German centre-half Marvin Compper is injured and unlikely to be fit for the first leg.

Rodgers said:

"Every pre-season there is always an issue with centre-halves.

"Marvin was injured, it's his abductor, so we'll see how that is, but it's highly unlikely he'll be available.

"I don't know (with Boyata) - I'll need to assess that over the next few days."

Rodgers also hopes Dembele suffered no more than a tight leg after he was replaced by Ryan Christie in the 65th minute.

Read more: Celtic boss has defensive concerns ahead of Rosenborg Champions League tie

Looking forward to visting Glasgow once more!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 21.07.2018 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Sutton is worried:

I can’t quite believe they have allowed it to happen again mind you. They knew Dedryck Boyata and Mikael Lustig were going to be unavailable. It’s not like the World Cup sneaked up on them.

Rodgers will say they’ve been unfortunate with the injuries and suspensions – and it’s a fair argument, but only to an extent.

They also knew it’s dangerous to hang their hat on Simunovic given his injury record and his habit of turning up his nose at plastic pitches.

Boyata has also had his fitness issues and he could be off anyway if a decent bid comes in.

Yet here they are, going in to a crucial qualifier with a patchwork back four. Again.

(...)

Now they will need to rely on a couple of rookies in the first leg against Rosenborg.

Good luck to them. They should see it as a huge opportunity to justify the hype. But I can’t for the life of me fathom why Celtic taken such a risk.

It’s down to these two and now we’ll see if all these rave reviews about the pair are justified. Rosenborg might not be great but they are Norwegian champions and are no mugs.

Celtic were lucky not to lose to them 12 months ago and simply can’t assume they will be able to do the same again this time – especially when they go in with their back four cobbled together.

Read more: Celtic must stop taking Champions League defensive gambles or it will cost them - Chris Sutton
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.07.2018 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Odsonne] Edouard admits he’s desperate to help Celtic reach the group stage of the Champions League, with Rosenborg up next in the qualifiers.

(...)

He said: “The Champions League is very important to the club and it’s one of the team’s main objectives.

“We’ll prepare well in advance for Rosenborg because every match is different but hopefully we can get the goals over two legs to qualify.

“It’s important to myself and the club to get to the group stage.

Read more: Celtic star Odsonne Edouard only has one thing on his mind – to win the treble Treble
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.07.2018 08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Lustig has jetted back into Glasgow in order to help shore up Celtic’s defensive crisis although it is thought that there will be no cutting into the holiday time of Dedryck Boyata this week.

Lustig was granted additional time off after playing with Sweden at the FIFA World Cup. The Swedes made it to the quarter-finals of the tournament where they lost 2-0 to England.

The full-back was given time two weeks’ off after playing for the full season. Lustig was back in Glasgow this morning although it is expected that Wednesday’s game against Rosenborg in the UEFA Champions League second round qualifier will come too soon for him.

With Jozo Simunovic suspended for the opening leg after his red-card against Alashkert last week, Celtic have a problem at the heart of defence.

Read more: Celtic striker Moussa Dembele winning fight to be fit for Rosenborg test

Celtic faced the Norwegians in similar circumstances 12 months ago and handed a 19-year-old his competitive debut in the crucial centre-half role.

Since then, Kristoffer Ajer, has gone from a rookie to a regular, and Rodgers admits other teams will be watching his progress closely.

The Parkhead manager is absolutely delighted with the way his player has developed.

He said: “He’s had lots of experience now and has made big steps.

“He’s still only 20 years of age, but he’s really dominant.

“He’s a natural leader as a young guy and he’s improving all the time.

“He was thrown in against Rosenborg last time but, a year later, he’s a Norwegian international, a Treble winner and he’s developing really, really well.”

Read more: Rodgers: Ajer is key as he doesn’t take many risks
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.07.2018 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jozo Simunovic has been ruled out of Celtic’s second leg against Rosenborg after being handed an extra one-match suspension.

(...)

A UEFA statement read: “The CEDB has decided to suspend the Celtic player Jozo Simunovic for two UEFA competition matches.

“The player has already served one match and will therefore be suspended for the next match for which he would be otherwise eligible.”

Simunovic’s absence leaves Celtic rather light in defence, with Dedryck Boyata and Mikael Lustig still absent after their World Cup exploits, and German centre half Marvin Compper out injured.

Kristoffer Ajer and Jack Hendry will likely start in the middle with Cristian Gamboa and Kieran Tierney in the full back slots.

Read more: Blow for Celtic as Jozo Simunovic hit with extra UEFA ban
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.07.2018 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamboa, 28, made just three Hoops appearances last season — with his last coming in Febuary.

His Celtic career looked to be over but he impressed after coming in from the cold against Rosenborg.

(...)

“It was really special to play against Rosenborg and nice to be back in the team.

“I think the manager knows I can perform in games like this one, especially so soon after the World Cup. He trusts me in these types of games so I’m happy with him and happy with the club.

(...)

Gamboa will head back to Trondheim on Tuesday to face his former club Rosenborg in the return.

He spent two years there between 2012 and 2014 — but insists there is no room for sentiment as Celtic look to finish the job.

Gamboa said:

“I had good years there so I know a lot of people there and have many friends.

“It will be really nice to play in the stadium again.

“They have kept six or seven of the players from my time there so they have a very solid base which has been in place for more than three years.

“Rosenborg keep the same 4-3-3 formation and they will never change.

“They will try to get an early goal but that is tricky against us because we have good players up front.

“They will need to be aware of that but I think it will be an open game.

“We need to be careful with what they do but I think we always score so it’s going to be a good game.”

Read more: Celtic ace Cristian Gamboa always knew he’d feature again under Brendan Rodgers as he aims to kick-start Hoops career

Harald Brattbakk knows the Parkhead crossbar saved Rosenborg from an early Champions League exit against Celtic.

(...)

He said: “Rosenborg were lucky not to concede another two – and at 4-1 down, the tie would definitely be over for them.

“But at 3-1, with an away goal, they only need two goals to go through.

“And that hope is what Rosenborg will now be holding on to.

(...)

“Rosenborg didn’t show enough threat in the first leg. They failed to cause Celtic problems at Parkhead.

“Trying to defend, especially when you have a lead, is fine.

“But you still have to create something at the other end as well and that was missing from Rosenborg’s game on Wednesday after they scored.

“Celtic are the better team and, of course, they can score in Norway.

“But at least from Rosenborg’s point of view, the tie’s not over – like it would have been if they’d conceded again.”

Read more: Celtic could live to regret missing out on fourth goal against Rosenborg warns former Hoops star Harald Brattbakk
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 30.07.2018 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEFA have again gone for a youthful referee to take charge of Celtic’s Champions League qualifier.

Last week Bart Vertenten put in a very erratic display in the first leg with another 30-year-old, Sandro Scharer the man in the middle for Wednesday’s return leg.

The Swiss referee has never been in charge of a Champions League match with two Europa League group matches the most high profile games that he has had to control.

Read more: 30-year-old referee in charge of Rosenborg v Celtic

"They know they have to come out and score two goals so here's hoping we can open them up a little bit," said Brown, 32, before the match in Trondheim.

"We've gone over there and won before, so the aim for us is to go over there, score goals and create chances and play good football and we believe that we can do that.

Read more: Rosenborg v Celtic: Scott Brown hopes for repeat win in Norway
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 31.07.2018 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interim boss Rini Coolen accepts Rosenborg will have to take risks if they are to rescue their Champions League hopes against Celtic on Wednesday.

(...)

"Celtic deserved the win last week and in the end we were lucky that we didn't lose more goals," he told Press Association Sport ahead of the return game in Norway.

"But hopefully we can do some things differently tomorrow. We are playing at home and we have our supporters.

"We have a chance to win the game but we have to create those circumstances and yes we have to take some risks and yes we have to give away some spaces, but we will not open the door.

Read more: Rosenborg ready to take risks against Celtic, says manager Rini Coolen
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 03.08.2018 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Keohane isn't unhappy that Cork City have missed out on the "glamour tie" that Celtic would have provided in Europe.

Instead it's Rosenborg who will travel to Turner's Cross in the Europa League next Thursday, and Keohane said: "We've got to fancy our chances that we can possibly put it up to them.

"The objective is to go as far as we can in Europe, and I suppose we'd have a better chance against Rosenborg."

At home, the Leesiders bounced back from their Champions Cup loss to Legia Warsaw with victories over Derry City and Bray Wanderers, scoring eight goals and conceding just once in the process.

A Munster derby against Waterford tonight could provide a sterner test as Cork seek to leapfrog Dundalk at the summit again.

Read more: Jimmy Keohane happy not to be facing Celtic in Europa League qualifiers

1-1 early in the 2nd half.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 07.08.2018 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning his sights to Thursday’s European clash with Rosenborg at Turner’s Cross, [Garry] Buckley stressed the need to be more clinical.

The Rebels passed up scoring chances home and away to Legia Warsaw and were duly dumped out of the Champions League by the Polish giants.

Buckley added: “Legia were a class above - they had defenders worth millions and millions but we had good chance. Against Rosenborg we need to take those.”

Rad more: No room for error if Cork are to defend their crown, says Garry Buckley

The Norwegians are no longer the force that they once were when they qualified for the Champions League eight seasons in a row.

But Buckley knows they are still a tough proposition as Cork look to bounce back from their 4-0 Champions League loss to Legia Warsaw.

He said: “I thought we did well against Legia. I think people gave us a hard time after that because they thought that we should have done better, scored a few goals.

“I’ve no doubt if we can take our chances against Rosenborg, which we didn’t do against Legia, that will be crucial.”

Read more: Garry Buckley believes Cork City must win ALL of their remaining games to retain league title
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.08.2018 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

CORK City attacker Karl Sheppard is hoping they can carry their league form into tomorrow’s Europa League third qualifying round first leg against Rosenborg at Turner’s Cross.

(...)

Rosenborg are the dominant force domestically and gave Celtic a good rattle before exiting the Champions League.

“We watched them against Celtic and they were very good. They gave a really good account of themselves in the second leg. It will be a tough game, we know that, but if we start playing like we have been, we’ll give them a good go.”

City had chances against Legia Warsaw but couldn’t convert them.

“I think the only thing is to be more clinical. When the chances come – and we had them home and away against Legia, 0-0, 1-0 over there in Warsaw, we had great chances. That is the main thing.

“We look back on the Legia games with a bit of disappointment, knowing that if we went 1-0 up at home or 1-1 away, we really could have seen what they’re made of. But that’s for another day – hopefully Thursday.”

Read more: 'We created chances against Legia but we need to be more clinical against Rosenborg'

Eager to retain their domestic league crown, Cork kept their eyes on the prize by beating Derry City, Bray Wanderers and Waterford since facing Legia.

And in doing so they reclaimed top spot in the Premier Division - although Dundalk have two games in hand - and their confidence is soaring.

Sheppard said: “Since Europe, we’ve kicked on a little bit. The team has been more settled and that helps.

“At the start of the season we had a lot of new players in so there was a bit of getting used to each other.

“But I think it's starting to change now, we're starting to click through the gears and probably at the right time as well.

“You look at the last European game and it made us kick on to another level. The thing we learned from that tie was that we needed to keep the ball a bit better.

Read more: Karl Sheppard believes Cork City are well prepped for Rosenborg test
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.08.2018 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caulfield said: “We can talk until the cows come home about the League of Ireland teams in Europe.

“Every once in a while you might win a couple of games like we did a couple of years ago but all these teams come from massive industries.

“They are used to getting to the group stage of the Champions League and Europa League.

“During the week Rosenborg made a £3.5m bid for a player - we get all of our players on frees. There’s no disgrace in that, it’s just where we’re at.”

(...)

“People think Rovers, Cork and Dundalk can compete against teams who have budgets of £30m-£40m - you might surprise once, but not for three or four rounds.”

Read more: John Caulfield claims League of Ireland clubs are slipping further behind European rivals

Caulfield was proud of the effort shown by his side on the night but admitted that it this level, his side need to be more clinical in front of goal.

"But I said to the lads, in the second half they gave everything and they were honest and that’s what they have to do.

"You look at the way our league is and you go to Europe and people have high hopes but you come up against teams that are at a different level, slightly better than you and when you have an opportunity to score you need to take it.

"If you don’t, then they’re great on the counter-attack."

Read more: Opening goal cost us dearly, says Cork boss Caulfield

Delaney and City will look for an improvement next week, and he is aware of the need to learn quickly from this game, putting the lessons into action.

“You learn lessons, but you have to wait until next year again,” he said, “you wish you could play them every week so people would believe we do belong at this stage.

“We are good footballers and technically and tactically good enough to play these games.

“We are a good side when we press high up the pitch, the lads are so good at it and so honest. It just comes down to fine-tuning it, taking our chances when we have those spells and making sure we don’t give up.”

Read more: Delaney: Cork City aren't done yet

Martin Claffey gives an alphabetical break down of Cork City's European opponents.

Read more: A to Z of Rosenborg: Trondheim’s Troll Children march into Cork
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.08.2018 08:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a tough task that awaits city on Thursday when Caulfield’s men have a mountain to climb in the Europa League. Having succumbed to a 2-0 home defeat to Rosenborg in the first leg, a big battle awaits them in Norway to see if they can overturn that two goal defecit.

“We know heading into Thursday we have to play for the next goal. If we get a goal the tie is back on but they can also sit back and force the play on the counter attack which we need to be aware of as well.

“From our point of view we are going out there with a plan to see can we score, we know it is going to be very difficult but you never know. We need to score first to see can we open the game up and that’s exactly what we will be trying to do.

“With the Irish clubs in Europe, it’s difficult to progress especially against teams who have bigger budgets and playing possibly at a higher level but we caused them problems at home and had our chances so we’ll just have to wait and see.”

Read more: John Caulfield - We need to score first to see can we open the game up

Steven Beattie says Cork City only have themselves to blame for failing to follow their own meticulously prepared script.

But he is convinced the Rebels are still central characters in the drama that will play out here in Trondheim tomorrow.

(...)

“In Europe you get punished if you continue to pass up opportunities and we've discovered that the hard way.

“They only had had three shots on goal and scored twice. You cannot afford to do that. We did it in Warsaw as well.

“Against Rosenborg, we were on top for the first 10 or 15 minutes and then shot ourselves in the foot. There was no killer edge and that's collectively.

(...)

“Play in their faces for 90-minutes - they won't be used to that. If we take it to them and nick an early goal, you never know what will happen in a game of football.”

Read more: Cork must be 'positive' against Rosenborg in second leg - Steven Beattie
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.08.2018 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg interim manager Rini Coolen is taking nothing for granted, insisting his men will take Cork "very, very seriously".

They are second in the league, a point behind Brann, and were in crisis only a month ago when the sacking of boss Kare Ingebrigtsen sparked a player revolt.

Coolen has steadied the ship since, and remains coy over his ling-term future.

"I think they did a great job at home against us, put us under a lot of pressure going for attacking moments," he said.

"At the same time they gave some space away and we have to use that space a bit better than we did. We expect a team that wants to fight and go for a result. It's up to us to manage that and create more chances for ourselves and score some goals.

Read more: Caulfield keeping the faith for huge Rosenborg mission
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.08.2018 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg skipper Mike Jensen taunted Cork City last night by claiming their best won’t be good enough.

(...)

“We are ready to come out - so Cork can try all they want,” he said.

And the Danish international believes Rosenborg have plenty of room for improvement on their first-leg display.

“We need to control the game better with the ball at our feet as we know Cork will try to attack us,” he said.

“Any time I’ve played an Irish team, they have come out at 100% so I expect that will happen again.”

Read more: Rosenborg captain Mike Jensen says Cork's comeback plans will be in vain
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 31.08.2018 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtic won 3-1 on aggregate, before being knocked out of the elite competition by AEK Athens in the next round, while Rosenborg have won subsequent ties in the Europa League against Cork City and Shkendija of Macedonia.

“It’s funny, because I spoke to the Rosenborg captain [Mike Jensen] on the pitch in Trondheim after we played them and he said ‘Congratulations, maybe see you next year again’,” said Celtic manager Rodgers.

“But it’s just going to be a couple of months. It’s a tough draw but an exciting one in a competition we want to do well in.”

Read more at: Europa League draw hands Celtic speedy rematch with Rosenborg
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.09.2018 09:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajer interim right back instead of Gamboa in 0-0 game against St Mirren. Lustig on the bench after injury in Sweden game:

CELTIC (4-2-2-1): Gordon; Ajer, Boyata, Benkovic (Griffiths 59), Tierney; Brown, Ntcham; Forrest, Rogic, McGregor, Edouard (Christie 86).

Not Used: Bain, Sinclair, Lustig, Johnston, Mulumbu.

Read more: 10-man Celtic held to a goalless draw against St Mirren

Last night’s 0-0 draw with St Mirren made for brutal viewing, there was so much wrong with the performance and nothing to excuse it, not even being down to ten men.

(...)

It took Celtic until match 70 under Rodgers to fail to score in a domestic match, it seems that permanent damage was inflicted at Tynecastle. In 2018 Celtic have failed to score in 10 out of 38 matches.

Since the 3-1 win over Livingston on the opening day of the season the hoops have scored twice in four SPFL matches.

The matches against Hearts, Hamilton and Livingston have been grim viewing, goalkeepers can now expect a quiet time of it against Celtic.

What is causing this is anyone’s guess although there are plenty of options.

The Boyata and Dembele situations weren’t healthy, what other unrest is there behind the scenes?

The bond between dug-out and boardroom is at best fractured, it might even be broken.

Those problems may have cost the club a place in the Champions League but on this season’s form that looks like a bullet dodged. What damage would PSG or Barcelona inflict on this Celtic team?

There is no obvious solution, no quick turnaround.

Will a home defeat from Rosenborg bring things to a head or will a League Cup exit at St Johnstone prompt some action?

Read more: Why has this Celtic side grown bored with itself?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.09.2018 08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers:

Rosenborg could be dangerous, with the club in much better shape than six weeks ago. Amid player unrest, Rini Coolen had just been installed as head coach following the unexpected sacking of Kare Ingebrigtsen. In the nine games they have played since the two met in Trondheim, they have posted eight wins and a draw.

“Listen, they are a good side. Top side over there in Norway and have some good players. We saw that in the recent games. It was unstable there for a while with the manager leaving but, of course winning games can always change that. We know their style. That doesn’t change. It’s actually a nice city to go to. At least you are not going into the unknown; we know what to expect. So, we just deal with it.”

Read more: Brendan Rodgers urges side to re-focus ahead of tie with familiar foe

Now Callum McGregor insists Celtic will take the frustrations of Friday out on old foes Rosenborg.

(...)

“It has only been a couple of months since we last played Rosenborg but that’s good because we know the way they play. They are in good form so they will fancy it and want to get back at us for the Champions League.

“We’re trying to achieve something so the first game is vital to get the three points.”

Read more: Callum McGregor vows Celtic will take domestic frustration out on Rosenborg in Europa League
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.09.2018 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Celtic look towards Rosenborg on Thursday, there are major concerns over where the goals are coming from.

They've lost Moussa Dembele to Lyon, neither Leigh Griffiths nor Odsonne Edouard are 100-per-cent fit and the fact is that Olivier Ntcham, a holding midfielder, is currently the top scorer in the league with two goals. It's hard to believe that after five league games, Celtic have scored one less than Livingston.

It's far from ideal to go into a big European match with a striker who's not firing on all cylinders.

Read more: Who will step up and score the goals Celtic so desperately need?

Polish referee and stats.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 19.09.2018 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to a group that also includes Salzburg and RB Leipzig, Rodgers said:

“There is always excitement going into the European competitions and this is no different.

“It is a real good group we are in.

“The dynamics are slightly different in terms of playing Rosenborg. Previously it has been knock-out and maybe the first leg has been a little bit cagey.

“But still the difficulty of the game is still there.

“Rosenborg come into the game in really good form since we last played.

“We expect a tough game, we are playing at home and like any other games against them we really want to show our quality in the game.

“We prepare well. They are a good team. We respect their qualities but we want to bring our game, our energy and quality and hopefully look to start the group with three points.”

Read more: Brendan Rodgers tells Celtic to take their chances as goals dry up

Live: RBK press conference in Glasgow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb