RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi from Saint-Etienne :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bastien03
Junior

PostPosted: 06.09.2015 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!!
I'll let you think about a nice place where we can meet before the game.
Eru
Veteran

PostPosted: 07.09.2015 09:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastien03 wrote:
Hi guys,

I will be in Trondheim for the game. Does anyone feel like going for a beer before/after the game?

I would be more than happy Wink

Cheers

Makes med remember back to the last time we played. A few of us went to St.E and stopped by a pub where we were met by a group of ASSE fans.

- Do you want to fight or drink?
- We'd rather drink.
- Thenk we'll drink!

I've seen a lot of great fans in Europe, I've even been in the Curva Nord for the Derby Della Madonnina, but I've never seen anything like what I saw in that game. Even though we lost the game (a game I honestly feel we didn't deserve to lose), it was a great experience to be a part of the atmosphere.

Unfortunately I won't be able to travel. Most of us elected Rome as the destination this time around, so I wouldn't expect too many away fans, but I know some will go. Most are planning to stay in Lyon.

Now if you come to Trondheim, the best option for a drink if you're in to chatting with the locals and catching the english football pub atmosphere, would be the Three Lions Pub. Send them an email (dougie@threelions.no) if you are travelling as a group, and they might give you a discount.

If you are more into the club scene, some clubs offer cheap beer on Thursday nights. You'd might want to try Bar Sircus, Club Downtown or Wildside for such deals. The one strip club in town is best avoided, as it is (even as strip clubs go) extremely tacky and terribly expensive.

Mind that alcohol in general is expensive in Norway and a pint of lager is usually €8-10. Food is pretty much like an even more expensive Nice and a decent two course meal with a bottle of wine will set you back at least €60. Beer is sold in stores at around €2,50-3 and wine and spirts is sold only in government owned liqour stores known as Vinmonopolet (wine monopoly). You can get a bottle of wine for €10 and a 0.7l bottle of vodka/whisky/gin starts at €35.

If you wish to see more of Norway, the coastal express (hurtigruten) would be a very nice option. However, storms are a very common occurence along the Norwegian coastline in November, so if you aren't comfortable with rough seas, I'd drop it. The 2 day voyage will set you back ~€150/person in the cheapest 2 person cabin. On the up side you will get to see some of the most dramatic nature Norway has to offer, and it's even more dramatic with the November winds howling. More information here.

Christmas decorations will be up in the city center and there's a pretty high probablility of sleet and snow. Bring solid shoes or boots who can take a lot of water. Trondheim in late November can be stunning and amazing, but it can also be cold, wet and horrible. All depends on the weather.

Hope I haven't scared you too much. It's really a nice place, it's just best to be prepared.
VTB
Proff

PostPosted: 14.09.2015 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of your fans under the age of 26 plan to go to Trondheim, remember that SAS and Norwegian often gives a great discount for youth tickets. This is both domestic flights and flights out of the country. As an example I can see that you can get tickets to Trondheim from Oslo both ways for 299,- one way now, a total of 600 NOK,- (64 EUR) in whole November.
bastien03
Junior

PostPosted: 15.09.2015 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for all your advices Wink
You seem nice
Junior

PostPosted: 15.09.2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks for your answers ! I think come in Trondheim for the match. I would like enjoy the Norway from thuesday until sunday. First which bloc do you advise to me ? It seem we can start buy ticket next Thirsday.
As soon I get a ticket and a fly I would ask you about the travel. Can you already tell me if we have a good probabilty to see nothern light even if this week is during a full moon ?
vegardj
Rutinert

PostPosted: 15.09.2015 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by block you mean where in the stadium to buy your ticket for, the away section is usually section SB (and RB when extra away capacity is required). That is in the north-west corner of the stadium. I assume these tickets will be distributed by AS Saint-Étienne themselves. There is more useful information in the English version of this website (with even more links in the left menu).

When it comes to the northern light, I'm no expert, and I look down most of the time, but I still caught a glimpse of it a couple of times last winter, from the middle of the brightly lit city. The likelyhood of northern light appearing in Trondheim is a lot smaller than in the far north of Norway, but the general advice is to look north and to avoid bright areas, and you may be in luck. In Trondheim, the fjord is north, so go to the water and find someplace reasonably dark.

The aurora forecast can predict where the northern light will be visible in the near future. A KP-value upwards of 3, means you might be able to see it from Trondheim if conditions are good. But higher would be even better.

The moon does not directly affect the light phenomenon, but makes it comparatively dimmer, and more difficult to spot.
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 16.09.2015 08:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend it was a spectacular night sky with northern lights for hours in the area. Even I, who live here, was blown away. I hope you get to see it too.
You seem nice
Junior

PostPosted: 16.09.2015 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, i would buy a classic ticket because I don't want to wait for the visitors tickets sold by ASSE. I have to buy a fly ticket soon.
About northern light I'm sure we will see a amazing one on the top of your stadium the 26 lf november Wink
Clasiker
Rutinert

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you guys glad or dissapointed after the first match?

I think we Rosenborgfans are quite happy with the result, but of course A bit dissapointed about giving away a late penalty.

I found both our teams to be stronger in attack than defence?

Your manager seemed quite self-secure after the early goal? I suspect that the mental boost you got so early on, gave a false feeling of supremity?

All in all: i was positively surprised of St. Etienne, and I think both Lazio and Dnipro will have A hard time at your stadium.
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. I for one enjoyed the game immensely, it was good football with pace and the will to score on both sides.

The Rosenborg team was everything I expected, an athletic side, strong counter-attacks with precise passing and sharp runs from your forwards in the back of our slow left and right backs...
I don't think we got overconfident from the early lead, however the defense as implied above has been a little bit shaky so far this season, including on set pieces, and it showed once again. In all fairness I was never at peace because it was obvious that RBK could score at any moment.

In the end I think the tie reflects the game and isn't such a bad result as analysts here at home will have us believe. Here people will always tell you that when you play a Norwegian team at home, it's a given to take the three points, a touch of French arrogance maybe Wink . But anyone who watched the game realized that your team is very competitive and would probably be a solid 4-6th place in our Ligue 1.

All the best for your next fixtures!
arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really look forward to the return match in Trondheim. I'm hoping we can put the home side advantage to good use against such a competent side as ASSE.
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great atmosphere today! Tommel'n opp!

We played with our left back as a central defender and an offensive midfielder on the left back, so we were a little shaky today, but better luck next time Wink
Predicted
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The french fans seem crazy, how come noone died when you scored and everyone piled on each other to get closer to the field?
Thulian
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.09.2015 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the magic ones:D
Thats passion and a dream for every supporter to be a part of!

Also, good match and a draw was a fair result for both teams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
abjoern
Veteran

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 02:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour les amis Smile

It was an enjoyable match. You had most of the play and were able to push us pretty far down the pitch. I thought we were unreasonably sloppy on the ball, especially in the first half. However we defended well as a team and looked dangerous on the counter attack. All in all, the draw is a fair outcome, even though both teams can have their grievances. You should have converted possession into better chances, and we shouldn't have made that silly mistake at the end.

Our group seems to be a very tough one. Even with a good result in France, I'm not optimistic about our chances of advancing. I suspect that playing against you (and the other teams) at home will be almost as challenging, as you will be given more room to attack.

As expected, you looked solid as a team and on that basis we should be very happy to pick up a point. It will be difficult for Lazio and Dnipro to get results in Saint-Étienne.

Amazing support as expected, simply drool worthy.

Arrogance? Well, given our previous results in France, you're allowed to be arrogant Wink A little arrogance spices things up if you ask me.
Zorac
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 03:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The St. Etienne supporters were amazing. Our former player, Bjørn Tore Kvarme who played quite a few games in front of The Cop (and was in StE in the early 2000's) said that the St Etienne-supporters were the best he's ever heard.

It's quite interesting to hear about this game from your perspective, Frenchmen. How do you place your own effort? Good, mediocre, or bad? This is of great value to me as I value you as a team of decent European compétence, and its kind of a measurement for our own skill level.

We have a great history in Europe, but that was 10-20 years ago, so we're kind of new to this level once again.

Initially I'd say a draw against St. Etienne on their home turf was all we could hope for, but of course giving away a lead gives somewhat of a bitter aftertaste. But all in all, I think it's a good effort.

To make a note, and if you didn't know, we had to compose a new defense today. (Another)One of our mid-defenders was injured to this match, so we had to put our left back in center and pull down an inexperienced running/offensive midfielder as left back.

What's your angle on this?
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 05:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predicted wrote:
The french fans seem crazy, how come noone died when you scored and everyone piled on each other to get closer to the field?

haha! Well yes, that's fairly typical for goal celebrations Very Happy . It was much more "fun" back in the 90's when there were no seats, only straight stairs, then you could basically run down the entire height of the stand to enjoy being squeezed against the fence...

but back on topic:

Zorac wrote:
How do you place your own effort? Good, mediocre, or bad?

Good. Our squad has been heavily modified this summer and there seems to be something building up in terms of ball possession and dynamics that we didn't have the past few seasons. Over the past few years, Saint-Etienne built a reputation as an uncompromising defensive team with super fast counter attacks. That was pretty much our trademark in the blessed Aubameyang days, but I'm glad the staff is now aiming for more constructive playing style.

I liked what I saw in terms of attacking combinations. Nolan Roux has been taunted for being extremely clumsy in front of the goal, and I think it was a good idea to send him to the right and use his speed to create crossing opportunities. I was pleased with his performance (most of our opportunities seemed to originate from his runs) and his association with our new man in front Robert Beric, who gave his first appearance yesterday, stroke me as promising. We'll see how that goes over a longer period...

However, as I said above, the defense is still in the works. Our RB yesterday François Clerc, who had been told to find another club, has been pretty much defrosted to make up for the absence of Kévin Théophile-Catherine. He didn't do badly as a whole, but he's involved in both of your goals. In addition, I was surprised at how our two iconic centre backs Loïc Perrin and Bayal Sall suffered in the man-to-man duels against your strikers. I'm a wee bit worried about the solidity of the defense this year, and hope it's just a complicated start.

I was unaware that you had to recompose your defense, but on the whole it didn't seem like anyone on your side was "lost" on the pitch and it sure didn't look disorderly to me. There was certainly space that we should have used to better ends, but it's a good thing that neither team "parked the bus".

I'm looking forward to the return game. Wish I could make the trip but that won't be possible I'm afraid.
bastien03
Junior

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 09:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a good game from both teams and the result is quiet fair. But from our point of view it was definitively a good game for the following reasons:

* we knew that Rosenborg is hard to beat because you play as a team. I found the way we played was a good try against your strategy
    * it was the first game where our strikers play together (Roux and Beric) and they both scored and were dangerous. This association seems to be promising for the future
    * our last year Uefa campaign was very frustative: almost only draws, only 2 goals scored... So we are very relieved about the way the team played. We were much more offensive than last year, which may be the cause why we left such big places in our defence
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 09:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game for sure - there is no doubt that the quality of the opponents is quite different from what we are used to in our own league. We needed to play a tight game and it looked really bad when we conceded in the first few minutes. However I think we more or less made up for the quality difference in individual players by keeping a solid focus on acting like a unit.

You never can tell how things might have happened differently with different circuimstances, but our left back in last nights game has played as an offensive midfielder all season - he had to play back because our actual left back (Skjelvik) had to play CB because of an injury. Our right back also used to be an offensive midfielder but we forgot about that a long time ago. Wink

The penalty should have never occurred (not saying the ref made a mistake, our guy never should have done that), and we had some close offside calls against us, but of course, a few millimeters here and there and we would have conceded more goals as well.

All in all, a better-than-typical result for Rosenborg in France. Smile
bastien03
Junior

PostPosted: 18.09.2015 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, you can see some pictures of the crowd yesterday here and compare to our game in November 2008 there.
You seem nice
Junior

PostPosted: 19.09.2015 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we played a good match and the draw is fair. Your team is difficult to play, your counter strategy was very near to success. Your striker is really imposing !
I read that you had absent players. This is also true for us especially Hamouma who is our best player since August. With him and Bahebeck who are both offensive midfielder the match coul be different. Then we have a lot of new players so the team still in building.
The returm game will be very nice I'm sure. I'm buying the billets for it. About this, is there a problem with the first five row seat in section QB ? They are stangely empty.
Juch
Veteran

PostPosted: 19.09.2015 09:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

About QB - it's probably because sitting closer to the ground impairs the view to the opposite goal. QB is also adjacent to the away sections (which are SB and RB), so that may be a reason why QB is less popular than the comparable section OB.
bastien03
Junior

PostPosted: 21.09.2015 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fans website poteaux-carres.com made (as usual) a tactical analysis of the game. It has been translated into english so you can read it too.
Here is the article.
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.09.2015 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I can't help myself but think that there was room to win the game, and yet I'm happy with the outcome with this penalty kick at the very end of the game.

But aller un all, I'm pleased by what I saw. It was great football, and we played a very good match, and Rosenborg did the same. I actually think we are the two most pleasant Team to watch, and it will be difficult to any Team to cet out of this group.

Here is an analysis of the match from on of us (called Olaf btw ^^). It's obviously Saint-Étienne focused, but it might intérêts you.

ASSE 2-2 RBK

Playing an intense game with a disappointing result though, Saint Etienne can have interesting weeks to come - if they can make it again.

As usual, the two teams showed a lot of intensity as the game started. We can see really quickly that both had a right wing (Clerc - very precious ballprovider all along the game - Lemoine/Roux for Saint Etienne) stronger than the other (BAE/ Clement / KMP). The Norwegians are hit early in the game by conqueror locals : Beric scored for the first time with Saint Etienne after only 4 minutes - Saint Etienne using smartly the entire width of the field.

Even if the sportscaster is stuck on his idea of a diamond-shaped middle, Saint Etienne is really playing on a 4231 model as Roux is playing on the right wing. Is it a surprise ? Yes and No. Roux has already been in this position when he was in Lille, and Galtier (Galette for those in privacy) had announced this possibility during Roux's official presentation. It'll maybe stay as a oneshot, but on Thursday, Roux offered a very interesting performance in almost everything he showed. The only sad thing was that he looked uncomfortable to pass the ball forward - On the contrary, he shined by his ballcrossing quality.

Poison Soderlund

All along the game, Rosenborg submit to the events and wait for a counter action or a long pass to its striker Soderlund. But it was probably not the way the Norwegians expected to play. The defensive model of Saint Etienne was adapted to lock the opponent midfielder Selnaes.
Selnaes held most of the time the visitors had no other way to go forward than long clearance pass, with the hope to find their Striker.

As we can see on the picture above, Eysseric holding Selnaes, the left back has no other choice than a long clearance kick. When Eysseric is not available, one of his partners is assuming this task, g.e. : Lemoine leaving his usual area as shown on the following picture :

Soderlund is the prototype of the Norwegian striker as we know it : Tall, blond, strong, good with his head.
He revealed himself with a frightening effectiveness : he is at the origin of the first goal (16') ; and the second by getting the free kick ; he could even have been a double decisive provider if Konradsen had score on his face to face with Ruffier (65'). If the Trondheim fans wants to congratulate one of their player after this game, it must be him...

Inefficient domination

After half an hour, the game is locked, even the locals left wing take the better over the visitors. The centre is completely stuck. Though, Beric back-to-goal play revealed to be very precious for Saint Etienne : getting a freekick for Eysseric (31'), passing to Roux which is stopped by the goalkeeper.
At the end of the first halftime, Saint-Etienne has 3 other opportunities to score :
37' : Roux crossing the ball to KMP's head this time, out,
42' : A nice collective footage unconcluded by Lemoine and KMP, which obstruct one another as a kicked ball could have taken the royal road to the goal.
44' : Finally a nearly missed kick from Lemoine.

After the break, we went back to an offensive-defensive game. The lack of lucidity approaching the penalty box, which the locals were used to last season is coming back. As for the Rosenborg, which is sometimes trying to take the game to its own rhythm without any success. On the other hand we can notice the perfect group cohesion of the Norwegian team as we enter the last 15 minutes :

The second Norwegian Goal take us to a real "hold up". Only 10 minutes to go : Saint Etienne is throwing its last strength in the battle. Corgnet miss his header (80'), then Mikkelsen kick above the goal (82') - for once Soderlund wasn't there. Finally, Beric get a penalty kick, scored by Roux (87'). The Green Furia continues and Perrin come close to offer the victory to Saint Etienne but miss the norwegian goal.

Some envy, some intensity, some morale and collective strength, Roux excellent as a winger, Beric did a good first appearance, Clerc resurrected, a finally enjoyable game : a promising draw

Last edited by Galcian on 21.09.2015 10:32; edited 2 times in total
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 21.09.2015 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read Tommel'n opp!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb